Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mac vs PC

A couple of years ago my father asked me “Melissa would you like me to buy you a Mac or a PC for when you go to college.” I quickly answered my dad that I would like a PC, therefore knowing my brother had a Mac and I was never able to figure anything out when I tried using it. As years went on and I saw all of my friends were using Macs and I would use theirs and realize all the neat affects and simplicity a Mac offers. I greatly regretted my decision of owning a PC shortly after. All it would have taken was a few days to figure out a Mac and I could have been saved from all the complications that a PC offers. Macs are very user friendly and the best feature I find is the dock. The dock has a collection of all your basic sites or applications you normally use, neatly organized shown right on your desktop. Unlike a PC where you have to search for what you want to use then download it to your desktop, leaving your computer with a scatter page. Throughout the presentation we gained an overview of web technology concepts between Macs and PCs. I was able to grasp a much better understanding on how each of them works especially when capturing a screenshot. Labeling and opening folders seemed to be very similar when dealing with the two. Although, Mac and PC have similar features the Mac is better built making those features stand out!

As an advertiser the simplicity and rapid speed of the Mac would defiantly be a better use when creating ads or emailing businesses. I would be able to contact my employees and customers easier without interruptions you would receive from a PC. The Mac offers fun tools such as photo booth which allows people to take photos of themselves and create backgrounds or funny designs. Which would be very handy when designing an online ad.

The video “Mac vs. PC: Windows Vista” is a perfect example on the complication Windows faces. It is a brief commercial but sums up the truth that every time you try to use a PC you have an interference also known as a pop-up asking you if would want to accept or ignore what you have clicked on. From personal experience and using a PC the pop-ups become in annoyance because nine times out of ten what you have clicked on you have select for a reason and would like to move on to the next site.

No comments:

Post a Comment